THE HISTORICAL SKATING RINK OF DE UITHOF EXISTS ALMOST 50 YEARS. THE ICE RINK WHERE CHAMPIONS LIKE BEN VAN DEN BURG, BART VELDKAMP, JAC ORIE AND KJELD NUIS SKATED THEIR ROUNDS. SKATING RINK DE UITHOF IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO SKATE FOR A FEW HOURS, BUT ALSO FOR FOLLOWING A COURSE OR A BUSINESS OUTING, LIKE CURLING. WHAT WILL YOU DO ON THE ICE RINK?
Skating rink De Uithof is the place for a cool outing. With a 400-meter track and fun-drink, there is plenty of room to skate on the ice. For the youngest (or older beginners) there are a number of skating helpers in the form of seals and penguins. On the right side of the 400-meter track is room for practice or skating slowly while talking. The faster skaters glide past you on the left.
CORONAVIRUS MEASURES SKATING RINK:
- It is forbidden to skate too close to each other! It is allowed to skate in groups of 4 where you keep 1.5 meters distance from each other.
- Another group of 4 keeps at least 5 meters distance to a group of 4 what drives at the same pace, unless you overtake each other. In this way we prevent the formation of trains.
- The skating lessons continue in an adapted form. The group size is reduced to 4 persons. This does not apply to children.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 meters, both next to and on the track.
- Follow the walking routes to enter the track.
- No public is allowed along the track. As a supervisor you can help to put on and take off the skates, we request that you leave the track immediately afterwards.
- Our changing rooms are temporarily closed. We therefore ask you to change clothes in advance, so that you only have to put on your skates along the track.
- It is not allowed to blow your nose while skating on the track. To do this, use paper tissues and put them in the trash.
- You can rent or buy skates at Oomssport (situated at the entrance of De Uithof).
- Lockers are available along the course for 1 euro (in cash).
- The Funrink is often accessible during free skating, but can be (partly) rented out.
- The temperature on the ice rink is approximately the same as the outside temperature. It is wise to dress for this temperature.
- At the end of the time block, leave the track through one of the two exits as soon as possible.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What if I can’t come skating (lessons or entrance ticket) due to Corona?
If it is not possible to skate because of Corona, lessons or entrance tickets will be rebooked to a later moment.
- Can I leave the rink and come back?
You may leave the track in between, but you may only return to the track in the agreed time block. In that case you need to pick up a walk-through ticket at the information desk.
- Is there a possibility to change my clothes?
The dressing rooms are closed. So we would advise to come to De Uithof dressed.
- Can I continue skating on the rink after class?
This is only possible within the reserved time block.
- Which Corona measures apply on the ice rink?
Next to the skating rink you have to keep a distance of 1.5 meters. On the skating rink you can skate without restrictions, as long as you keep moving.
Skating School De Uithof
Skating rink De Uithof has its own skating school. The friendly and professional skating instructors teach you an excellent skating base and if you have mastered skating well enough, you can also move on to one of the skating clubs in De Uithof.
Ice hockey track
In addition to the 400-meter track and the fun rink, De Uithof also has an ice hockey hall. During the ice hockey season, ice hockey games are played almost every Friday at thehall. This hall is also used for skating lessons, school skating, figure skating, short track and company outings such as Curling. When the 400-meter track and funrink close (at the end of March), this track opens for recreational skating.
The best group outings
Currently the most popular (company) outing at De Uithof is the Curling Clinic. That’s not surprisingly at all! It is a low-threshold sport, it looks hilarious, but it makes you and your team mates really fanatical! The (Old Dutch) Ice Games and the Ice Hockey Clinic are in a nice shared second place. The Ice Games is a must for a children’s party.
Do you want ice hockey, figure skating, speed skating or short-track, but lack the financial resources? Then you have come to the right place at Stichting Schaatsbelangen.
Want to be visible in The Hague?
You reach a broad target group with a promotion spot at the ice rink from De Uithof. With a promotion spot at the 400-meter track you can think of a large canvas along the skating rink, the ice karting track and Sport & Spelpaleis. You can also choose a sticker on the ice machine which drives by during ice hockey matches.