THE HISTORICAL SKATING RINK OF DE UITHOF EXISTS ALMOST 50 YEARS. THE ICE RINK WHERE CHAMPIONS LIKE BEN VAN DEN BURG, BART VELDKAMP, JAC ORIE AND KJELD NUIS SKATED THEIR ROUNDS. SKATING RINK DE UITHOF IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO SKATE FOR A FEW HOURS, BUT ALSO FOR FOLLOWING A COURSE OR A BUSINESS OUTING, LIKE CURLING. WHAT WILL YOU DO ON THE ICE RINK?
Skating rink De Uithof is the place for a cool outing. With a 400-meter track and fun-drink, there is plenty of room to skate on the ice. For the youngest (or older beginners) there are a number of skating helpers in the form of seals and penguins. On the right side of the 400-meter track is room for practice or skating slowly while talking. The faster skaters glide past you on the left.
The 400-meter track (including Funrink) will open again as usual at the start of the skating season. From Thursday 1 October you are welcome to test the new ice! The indoor skating rink will open on Tuesday, September 1 for associations and rentals. Visit this page for more information.
- You can rent or buy skates at Oomssport (situated at the entrance of De Uithof).
- Lockers are available along the course for 1 euro (in cash).
- The Funrink is often accessible during free skating, but can be (partly) rented out.
- Gloves are required.
- The temperature on the ice rink is approximately the same as the outside temperature. It is wise to dress for this temperature.
CORONAVIRUS MEASURES SKATING RINK:
- Please note: the entrance to the ice rink has been temporarily moved to the left (old) entrance of De Uithof. This applies to the visitors to the 400-meter track and the ice hockey rink.
- Our changing rooms are temporarily closed. We therefore ask you to change clothes in advance, so that you only have to put on your skates along the track.
- On the track you skate without any restrictions. At the places outside the ice rink, we ask you to follow our corona measures and keep 1.5 meters away from other visitors.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What if I can’t come skating (lessons or entrance ticket) due to Corona?
If it is not possible to skate because of Corona, lessons or entrance tickets will be rebooked to a later moment.
- Can I leave the rink and come back?
You may leave the track in between, but you may only return to the track in the agreed time block. In that case you need to pick up a walk-through ticket at the information desk.
- Is there a possibility to change my clothes?
The dressing rooms are closed. So we would advise to come to De Uithof dressed.
- Can I continue skating on the rink after class?
This is only possible within the reserved time block.
- Which Corona measures apply on the ice rink?
Next to the skating rink you have to keep a distance of 1.5 meters. On the skating rink you can skate without restrictions, as long as you keep moving.
Skating School De Uithof
Skating rink De Uithof has its own skating school. The friendly and professional skating instructors teach you an excellent skating base and if you have mastered skating well enough, you can also move on to one of the skating clubs in De Uithof.
Ice hockey track
In addition to the 400-meter track and the fun rink, De Uithof also has an ice hockey hall. During the ice hockey season, ice hockey games are played almost every Friday at thehall. This hall is also used for skating lessons, school skating, figure skating, short track and company outings such as Curling. When the 400-meter track and funrink close (at the end of March), this track opens for recreational skating.
The best group outings
Currently the most popular (company) outing at De Uithof is the Curling Clinic. That’s not surprisingly at all! It is a low-threshold sport, it looks hilarious, but it makes you and your team mates really fanatical! The (Old Dutch) Ice Games and the Ice Hockey Clinic are in a nice shared second place. The Ice Games is a must for a children’s party.
Do you want ice hockey, figure skating, speed skating or short-track, but lack the financial resources? Then you have come to the right place at Stichting Schaatsbelangen.
Want to be visible in The Hague?
You reach a broad target group with a promotion spot at the ice rink from De Uithof. With a promotion spot at the 400-meter track you can think of a large canvas along the skating rink, the ice karting track and Sport & Spelpaleis. You can also choose a sticker on the ice machine which drives by during ice hockey matches.